Greetings on Sarwari named Telugu New Year – Ugadi Festival
Ugadi is one of the popular festival for Telugu Speaking people. There is a 60 year cycle in Telugu calendars and we are now entering into 34th year that is named “Sarwari”.
Although right now we are all dealing with COVID 19 also known as Carona Virus, we will get rid of this difficult situation very soon. It’s important to follow directions of the Government and stay safe.
Ugadi is a festival that starts with offering prayers to lord and then taste a mix of six tastes – sweet, soar, spicy, salt, bitterness and tang. Each taste describes different things:
- Sadness – Neem Buds/Flowers for its bitterness.
- Happiness – Jaggery and ripe banana pieces for sweetness.
- Anger – Green Chilli/Pepper for its hot taste.
- Fear – Salt for saltiness.
- Disgust – Tamarind Juice for its sourness.
- Surprise – Unripened Mango for its tang.
Wishing everyone a happy Ugadi; have a happy and healthy life ahead. As a reminder; follow directions of Government and stay safe! Let’s fight COVID19.