I have received a few requests that they would like to know how to send an email using Yahoo! Mail using Screen reader and thought let me share with everyone. In the below explanation, I have used Non-Visual Desktop Access (NVDA) as my screen reader; however, they should work in the same with other screen readers.
- Log in to Yahoo! Mail using user name and password
- Choose Button “New” and press space bar to activate
- Press “E”till you reach “To” edit box and type the E-mail address of the recipient
- Press Tab and you will reach “CC” and here you can type email address of the recipients you may wish to copy. Use semi-colin to seperate each email address if you are sending to more than one recipient.
- Press tab and write the subject of your message in “Subject field”
- Press Tab and you will find “Attach files” press space to activate if you want to attach files to your email and do the following:
- Activating “Attach file” will lead you to a new page; Press H to reach heading that says “Attach files”
- Press Tab and you will find “Browse” – press space bar to activate and this will open “File upload” dialog box
- Select the file you wish to upload and active “Open” button and now you are back on “Attach file” page on Yahoo! Mail. If you wish, you can attach more files using the browse buttons in fields given
- Once you are done selecting files you want to attach, press tab till you reach button “attach files” this will take a few moments and lead you back to “compose Mail” page
- Press tab key and reach “Message body” field and type your message
- Once you are done, press tab key and activate “Send” button to send the email.
If you have any questions, come and discuss with us on Y-Accessibility Group